Tuition for the 2016-2017 School Year:
- Junior Kindergarten through 4th Grade: $19,500
- 5th and 6th Grade: $23,000
- 7-12th Grade: $26,500
- Lunch is included in tuition
- All technology costs are included in tuition
- Netbook computers for use in grades 5 and 6
- Tablet PCs provided for grades 7 - 12
- The average cost for books and miscellaneous fees is dependent upon the grade level and ranges between $300 - $1,500.
- Gifts to the Annual Fund help to offset the cost of tuition and the full cost of educating a student at MICDS. All gifts are considered charitable contributions and are fully tax-deductible.
MICDS Financial Aid
MICDS believes that a socio-economically diverse student body contributes to the positive spirit and climate of the whole school community. The School is dedicated to providing a quality education to all qualified students regardless of family financial circumstances.
A substantial need-based financial aid program exists to provide assistance to those families whose financial resources cannot provide fully for the cost of an independent school education.
- $4.5 million was allocated for financial aid in the 2016-2017 school year for students in Junior Kindergarten through 12th Grade.
- Funds are awarded by grant money that does not need to be paid back. MICDS does not include payback loans as part of an elementary and secondary school tuition aid package.
- The average Lower School award in 2016-2017 was $11,000.
- The average 5th and 6th grade award in 2016-2017 was $14,860.
- The average award in 7-12th grade was $17,150.
Financial Aid Application Deadlines: As we are currently past the deadlines to apply for Financial Aid, please call Peggy Laramie, Director of Admission and Financial Aid at 995-7367 to inquire about the possibility of Financial Aid funding.
- December 5, 2016 was the filing deadline for all returning students, with 2015 taxes.
- December 16, 2016 was the filing deadline for 9th grade applicants and applicants through the Junior Kindergarten Family Early Action Option.
- February 6, 2017 was the deadline for new applications for all other grade levels.
It is extremely important to submit the tuition aid application on time, as there are budgetary limits to the available funds. Do not wait until a child is accepted to apply for aid.
Financial aid is determined separately by a different committee from an admission decision. The Financial Aid Committee’s deliberations are confidential and address only the factors affecting the assessment of need.
Prospective families can expect a tuition aid letter within one week of their admission decision letter.
Returning families who apply by this deadline ensure they will receive first consideration in the award of grant money.