Download the 2020 Changemakers Student Application
Changemakers: Global Leadership Institute fosters human-centered, global competencies by enabling youth to critically examine and investigate Saint Louis’ local issues and challenges through the lens of the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and, subsequently, take action. The MICDS and Inspire Citizens’ Student Changemaker Institute supports high school students in making an intentional commitment to diverse local and global communities through deep experiences.
By the end of the institute, Saint Louis youth will have established positive relationships and alliances with a diverse group of action-oriented youth from across the St. Louis community and beyond, critically examined community issues, developed a deeper connection with a specific local issue and/or organization and be empowered and enabled to make a positive impact on collective well-being and sustainable development through future service and/or action to help address local challenges. In addition, participants will have opportunities to reflect on the interrelationship of personal and collective wellbeing and develop positive communication skills.
- Dates/Time: July 13-24, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. plus quarterly meetings, blog work and experience in the STL community
- Grades: Rising 9th-12th grade students
- MICDS Faculty Facilitators: Erica Moore and Rene Iannotti
- Cost: $500 (Two scholarship available)
- Location: MICDS Campus, 101 North Warson Road, St. Louis, MO 63124
- Applying and Registration
Please complete the Changemakers Student Application before registering for the Institute by February 15, 2020. Students will be informed of their acceptance into the Institute by March 1, 2020. After notification of acceptance, please register online for the Institute. Please note that enrollment in the Institute is not complete until all fees have been paid.
- Scholarship Application
There are two scholarships* available for the 2020 Changemakers Institute. Please apply here.
* Please note that scholarships are only available to non-MICDS students.
- Refund Policy
- Refunds are available through April 2020 minus a $25 service fee.
- During May, a $50 fee per session per child is applied to refunds.
- Beginning June 1, there are no refunds.