At our MICDS Language Immersion Camps, participants will “visit” different countries and experience Hispanic culture through cooking, nature, art, music, film and games while being fully immersed in the target language.
Registration opens January 15.
- ¡Aventureros! MICDS Spanish Immersion camp for older participants (Rising 6th-12th Graders)
- Ideal for heritage and native speakers, as well as those with limited exposure to the target language.
- Perfect for students who want to immerse themselves in Spanish without the cost of travel or for those who are preparing for middle or high school Spanish courses, whether they are just starting or are entering an AP level course.
- When: June 10-14, 2019, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Cost: $270 (includes lunch, supplies for cooking and art activities)
- Junior Counselor in Training program (Selected applicants ONLY)
- When: June 10-14 and 17-21, 2019, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (15 hours of volunteer credit hours to be determined with director of the program)
- Cost: $270 (Covers the cost of some lunches, all supplies and includes a fee for training and participation in the older participant camp.
- ¡Aventureros! MICDS Spanish Immersion camp for younger campers (Rising K-5th Graders)
Participants: Ideal for heritage and native speakers, as well as those with limited exposure to the target language.
Counselor/Teacher to Camper Ratio: 1/8
Rising K and 1st Graders:
- When: June 17-21, 2019, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Half Day Cost: $170 (1 snack included)
- Full Day Cost: $270 (Afternoon activities for younger children include playtime, lunch, movies in Spanish, books and drawing)
Rising 2nd-5th Graders:
- When: June 17-21, 2019, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Cost: $270 (Lunch and 1 snack included)
Extended Day Option Available (Not in Spanish)
- Dates/Time: 3:00-4:30 p.m.
- Cost: $30/week or $10/day (prior notice must be given, otherwise late arrival fee is charged at $5/15 minutes)
- Payment, Refund Policy and General Info for Both Sessions
- The full payment is due for each camper upon enrollment. Payment can be made via credit card, check or an electronic funds transfer (e-check).
- Checks should be made out to MICDS and mailed to:
101 N. Warson Rd.
St. Louis, MO, 63124
ATTN: Language Immersion Camp
- Refund Policy:
- Full refunds are available through April 2019.
- During May, a $50 fee per session per child is applied to refunds.
- Beginning June 3, there are no refunds.
- Location: We utilize airconditioned rooms on the Upper School campus, the theater, the newly constructed aquatic center and outdoor places all over the MICDS campus.
- Nurse: MICDS summer programs staff a full-time nurse who provides care to our program participants and contributes to training our staff. If you have any questions regarding health, please contact our nurse (314-995-7472). Health forms must be received by the Aventureros camp director to be able to participate in the program.