At our MICDS Language Immersion Camps, participants will have the opportunity to “visit” different countries, where they will experience Hispanic cultures through cooking, nature, art, music, video and games while being fully immersed in the target language.
Registration will open in January.
Registration opens January 15.
- ¡Aventureros! For older participants (Rising 6 -12 Grades)
- Ideal for heritage and native speakers, as well as those with limited exposure to the target language.
- Perfect for students who want to immerse themselves in Spanish without the cost of travel or for those who are preparing for middle or high school Spanish courses, whether they are just starting or are entering an AP level course.
- When: June 10-14, 2019 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Cost: $270 (includes lunch and supplies for cooking and art activities)
Junior Counselor in Training program (Selected applicants ONLY)
- When: June 6-7, 2019 10:30 a.m. to TBD, June 10-14 and 17-21, 2019, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (15 hours of volunteer credit hours to be determined with director of the program)
- Cost: $270 (Covers the cost of some lunches and includes a fee for training and participation in the older participant camp as well as the cost of supplies.
- ¡Aventureros! MICDS Spanish Immersion camp for younger campers (Rising K-5 Grades)
Participants: Ideal for heritage and native speakers, as well as those with limited exposure to the target language.
Counselor/Teacher to Camper Ratio: 1/8
Rising K and 1:
- When:June 17-21, 2019, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Half Day Cost: $170 (1 snack included)
- Full Day Cost: $270 (Afternoon activities for younger children include playtime, lunch, Disney movies in Spanish, books and drawing)
Rising 2-5 grades:
- When: June 17-21, 2019, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Cost: $270 (Lunch and 1 snack included)
Extended Day Option (Not in Spanish) Available.
- Dates/Time: TBD
- Cost: TBD
- General information for both sessions
- Where: We utilize airconditioned rooms on the Upper School campus, the theater, the newly constructed aquatic center and outdoor places all over the MICDS campus.
- Nurse: MICDS summer programs staff a full-time nurse who provides care to our program participants and contributes to training our staff. If you have any questions regarding health, please contact our nurse (314-995-7472). Health forms must be received by the Aventureros camp director to be able to participate in the program.
- Refund policy: Details forthcoming.
Check back in December for these details.