MICDS is complying with the recommendation of St. Louis County and is implementing remote learning after the conclusion of spring break. Faculty will complete distance learning training and preparation remotely on Monday, March 30. Students will not be required to report to school on that day, in person or online. MICDS will implement remote learning for students on Tuesday, March 31. For more information about how MICDS is responding to the coronavirus pandemic, including our distance learning plans, please visit www.micds.org/coronavirus
Registration is open!
At ¡Aventureros! MICDS Immersion Camp, heritage speakers and language learners share and experience Hispanic culture through cooking, nature, art, music, film and games while fully immersed in Spanish.
- ¡Aventureros! MICDS Spanish Immersion Camp for Younger Campers (Rising K-5th Graders)
The camp is suited for all levels of proficiency. Our participants have included in past years a great balance of children from bilingual schools, native speakers, heritage speakers and language learners.
The camp offers more hours of language exposure than most Lower School programs are able to provide in a year.
Counselor/Teacher to Camper Ratio: 1/8
Rising K and 1st Graders:
- When: June 15-19, 2020, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Half Day Cost: $170 (1 snack included)
- Full Day Cost: $270 (Afternoon activities for younger children include quiet playtime, lunch, movies in Spanish, books and drawing)
Rising 2nd-5th Graders:
- When: June 15-19, 2020, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Cost: $270 (Lunch and 1 snack included)
Extended Day Option Available (In English – includes a snack, movies and quiet time)
- When: June 15-19, 2020, 3 – 4:30 p.m.
- Cost: $30/week or $10/day (prior notice must be given, otherwise late arrival fee is charged at $5/15 minutes)
- ¡Aventureros! MICDS Spanish Immersion Camp for Older Campers (Rising 6th-12th Graders)
The camp is suited for all levels of proficiency. Our participants have included in past years a great balance of native speakers, heritage speakers and language learners.
The camp is ideal for students who would like to immerse themselves in Spanish without the cost of travel or for those who are preparing for middle or high school Spanish courses, whether they are just starting or are entering an AP level course.
- When: June 8-12, 2020, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Cost: $270 (includes student made and/or cafeteria lunches, supplies for cooking and art activities)
- Counselor in Training Program (Selected applicants ONLY)
Application: Apply here for the 2020 Counselor in Training Program.
Cost: $270 (Covers the cost of lunches, supplies and includes a fee for training and participation in the older participant camp.)
- Heritage, native speakers or students with an intermediate/high level of language proficiency
- Committed to a model behavior including adherence to Spanish 100% of the time
When: June 8-12 and 15-19, 2020, 9:00 a.m. – 3 p.m. (Includes up to 30 volunteer credit hours plus a week of training)
- Payment, Refund Policy and General Info for Both Sessions
- The full payment is due for each camper upon enrollment. Payment can be made via credit card, check or an electronic funds transfer (e-check).
- Checks should be made out to MICDS and mailed to:
101 N. Warson Rd.
St. Louis, MO, 63124
ATTN: Language Immersion Camp
- Refund Policy:
- Refunds are available through April 2020 minus a $25 service fee.
- During May, a $50 fee per session per child is applied to refunds.
- Beginning June 1, there are no refunds.
- Location: We utilize airconditioned rooms on the Upper School campus, the theater, the newly constructed aquatic center and outdoor places all over the MICDS campus.
- Nurse: MICDS summer programs staff a full-time nurse who provides care to our program participants and contributes to training our staff. If you have any questions regarding health, please contact our nurse (314-995-7472). Health forms must be received by the Aventureros camp director to be able to participate in the program.
- Job Opportunities at ¡Aventureros!
- Heritage speaker, native speaker and/or advanced level of language proficiency
- Experience and skill with working with children
- Creative and willing to take initiative
- Required training: June 4-5
- Required work hours: June 8-12 and 15-19, 2020, 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Optional additional work hours: June 15-19 3:30-4:30 p.m.