Distance Learning, Coronavirus and Admissions Updates
MICDS is complying with the recommendation of St. Louis County's Stay At Home Order and has implemented distance learning. For more information about distance learning at MICDS and how MICDS is responding to the coronavirus pandemic, please visit www.micds.org/coronavirus. Admissions Update: We are still accepting applications to all grades for the 2020-2021 school year. Please view our application information here for Lower, Middle and Upper School: https://www.micds.org/admission/#apply.
The founders of our School were pioneers in education, and we proudly uphold their vision through new approaches in the classroom and beyond. Your support of the MICDS Fund is critical to the future of our School and our steadfast commitment to questioning, evaluating and improving curriculum and programs. Please give today so that we can continue our constant pursuit of fostering thoughtful, passionate individuals who are equipped and empowered to change the world.
- What is the MICDS Fund?
As an independent school and non-profit organization, MICDS operates without financial support from the federal or state government. The School relies on tuition, endowment income and annual charitable contributions to meet the demands of an engaging curriculum and exceptional educational experience that goes above and beyond academics. Each year, the MICDS Fund contributes approximately six percent of all operating revenues to the School. All gifts are 100% tax deductible.
- What does the MICDS Fund support?
New this year, donors may choose to direct gifts to a particular area of the School’s operations which they find most meaningful.
- Academic Engagement – Cutting-edge curriculum, field trips and interdisciplinary experiences
- Faculty Excellence – Innovative resources, classroom tools and continuing education in addition to competitive salaries and benefits
- Student Access – Generous financial aid for tuition and extracurricular programs for students of all backgrounds
- Athletics – Everyday and team-based physical education equipment, mentorship and transport
- Fine & Performing Arts – Custom spaces and resources to instill a passion for music, dance, theater and the visual arts
- Greatest Need – Maintaining and cultivating our campus and classrooms based on the most urgent need
- How much should I give?
We celebrate the support of parents, alumni, grandparents, parents of alumni and faculty and staff whose high participation rates combine to make a significant impact on our students. Last year, over 2,450 individuals gave $1,637,234 to the MICDS Fund.
We strive to have 100% parent participation from each class and urge all parents, while their children are benefiting from all that MICDS offers, to make the School their top philanthropic priority. Gifts range in size from $5 to over $25,000. Leadership gifts of $2,500 or more are recognized as part of the MICDS Society and make up over 73% of all dollars raised.
- What is the MICDS Society?
Outstanding charitable support is an important tradition at MICDS. Generations of contributors have helped shape our School as a national leader in quality independent education. Leadership gifts of $2,500 or more are recognized as part of the MICDS Society and make up over 73% of all dollars raised.
The MICDS Society Levels of Giving:
- Founder’s Circle $50,000
- MICDS Leadership Circle $25,000
- Legacy Circle $10,000
- Pillar Circle $5,000
- Honor Circle $2,500
Benefits of Being a Member of the MICDS Society:
- Donors of $2,500 or more (and young alumni donors of $1,000+) will be honored at a reception in the fall.
- Donors of $25,000 or more will be honored at a celebration dinner in the winter.
- All MICDS Society donors will receive special recognition in our annual report of donors.
- Can my gift be matched?
Matching gifts are an increasingly important way for companies to allow their employees to direct a portion of the monies earmarked for charitable contributions. In a given year, corporate matching gifts account for an average of $100,000, or about 6%, of the total MICDS Fund dollars. Gifts to MICDS can be doubled or even tripled through matching gift programs and all matching gifts count towards your total recognition level. Click here to learn more.
- How do I make a gift in honor of or in memory of someone?
Memorial and tribute gifts are a special way to honor friends, family and loved ones. The MICDS Memorial and Tribute Fund helps to offset annual expenses within our general operating budget. For more information, please contact Allison Light at (314) 995-7381 or email@example.com.
Click here or on the graphic below to see the MICDS Fund giving levels and areas of support.