Admissions Info, Distance Learning & Coronavirus Response
ADMISSIONS TOURS: With new procedures in place, we are open for tours: https://www.micds.org/tours. APPLICATIONS: We are still accepting applications for all grades for the 2020-2021 school year: https://www.micds.org/apply. DISTANCE LEARNING & CORONAVIRUS RESPONSE: Find out more about distance learning at MICDS and how we've responded to the coronavirus pandemic here: https://www.micds.org/ramstogether.
Submit the online application.
The Lower School application is completed through the MICDS Admission Portal. While applications were due January 31, 2020 for consideration in the first round of decisions for the 2020-2021 school year, we are still accepting applications for certain grade levels. Please contact Kimberly Saur at email@example.com or 314-995-7422 to discuss the steps for your child’s application at this time.
Family enrollment decisions were due by April 3, 2020.
MICDS uses an August 1 age cut-off date for entry into Junior or Senior Kindergarten. Your child must be 4 years old to enter Junior Kindergarten and 5 years old to enter Senior Kindergarten.
Please note: The Lower School application fee is $90.
Return to Admission Portal
Schedule screening or testing, a parent interview and a classroom visit.
Please contact Kimberly Saur at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the steps for your child’s application at this time.
Junior and Senior Kindergarten:
- Admission Screening and Parent Interview: Schedule a time for an individual evaluation of your child that coincides with a parent interview. The appointment will take approximately 45 minutes.
- School Observation (arranged by MICDS): As part of the application process, MICDS makes every effort to observe your child in his or her current school. If your child is not currently enrolled in school or is from out of town, please contact the Admission Office to schedule a classroom visit.
- Admission Screening, Parent Interview and Classroom Visit: Schedule a 30-minute individual evaluation of your child that coincides with a parent interview, followed by a 75-minute classroom visit for your child.
- Admission Testing: Please contact Kimberly Saur at email@example.com to discuss testing.
- Classroom Visit and Parent Interview: Schedule a classroom visit for your child that concludes with a coinciding 30-minute parent interview.
Apply for Tuition Assistance
Applying for tuition assistance is optional.
If you choose to apply for tuition assistance, see the following steps and deadlines:
MICDS requires each family applying for tuition assistance to place a confidential online application through School and Students Services (SSS) by completing the Parent Financial Statement and submitting supporting tax documentation. It is extremely important to submit the tuition assistance application on time, as there are budgetary limits to the available funds. Do not wait until a child is accepted to apply for aid. Please visit our Tuition and Affordability webpage or read our Affording MICDS Brochure for more information on how to apply.
Tuition assistance application deadlines:
- December 2, 2019 – This was the filing deadline for all current students, with 2018 taxes and W-2s.
- December 16, 2019 – This was the filing deadline for Junior Kindergarten Family Early Action Option (JK FEAO).
- February 3, 2020 – This was the deadline for new applications for all other grade levels.
Note: If the application deadlines have passed, you may still apply for assistance but funds may no longer be available.
Decisions and notification:
Applying for tuition assistance does not affect the admission decision. The admission decision is a separate process from the tuition assistance determination and is led by a separate committee. The Committee on Tuition Assistance deliberations are confidential and address only factors affecting the assessment of need. Prospective families can expect a tuition assistance decision at the same time as their admission decision when applications are completed by or before the deadline.