Submit the online application.
The Lower School application is completed through the MICDS Admission Portal. The regular application deadline is February 1, 2019. For siblings of current students, children of alumni and children of faculty and staff, the Junior Kindergarten Family Early Action Option (FEAO) application deadline is November 27, 2018.
Regular admission decisions will be mailed on March 15, 2019, and FEAO admission decisions will be mailed January 30, 2019. Family enrollment decisions are due by Friday, April 5, 2019.
MICDS uses an August 1 age cut-off date for entry into Junior or Senior Kindergarten. Your child must be 4 years old to enter Junior Kindergarten and 5 years old to enter Senior Kindergarten.
Please note: The Lower School application fee is $90.
Schedule screening or testing, a parent interview and a classroom visit.
After submitting your application, you will schedule appointments through the MICDS Admission Portal. For any assistance, please contact the Admission Office at 314-995-7367 or email@example.com.
Junior and Senior Kindergarten:
- Admission Screening and Parent Interview: Schedule a time for an individual evaluation of your child that coincides with a parent interview. The appointment will take approximately 45 minutes.
- School Observation (arranged by MICDS): As part of the application process, MICDS makes every effort to observe your child in his or her current school. If your child is not currently enrolled in school or is from out of town, please contact the Admission Office to schedule a classroom visit.
- Admission Screening, Parent Interview and Classroom Visit: Schedule a 30-minute individual evaluation of your child that coincides with a parent interview, followed by a 75-minute classroom visit for your child.
Grades Two Through Four:
- Admission Testing: Please choose a Saturday Testing date that works best for your child. Available testing dates are Saturday, January 26 or Saturday, February 2, 2019.
- Classroom Visit and Parent Interview: Schedule a classroom visit for your child that concludes with a coinciding 30-minute parent interview.
Apply for Financial Aid
Applying for financial aid is optional.
If you choose to apply for financial aid, see the following steps and deadlines:
MICDS requires each family applying for tuition aid to place a confidential online Grant and Aid Application directly to FACTS Management Company. It is extremely important to submit the tuition aid application on time, as there are budgetary limits to the available funds. Do not wait until a child is accepted to apply for aid. Please read our FAQ to find policies, payment methods and supporting resources.
Financial aid and application deadlines:
- December 3, 2018 – This was the filing deadline for all returning students, with 2017 taxes and W-2s.
- December 17, 2018 – This was the filing deadline for Junior Kindergarten Family Early Action Option.
- February 4, 2019 – This is the deadline for new applications for all other grade levels.
Note: If financial aid deadlines have passed, you may still apply for assistance. However, funding may be limited.
Decisions and notification:
Applying for financial aid does not affect the admission decision. The admission decision is a separate process from the financial aid determination and is led by a separate committee. The Financial Aid Committee’s deliberations are confidential and address only factors affecting the assessment of need. Prospective families can expect a financial aid decision at the same time as their admission decision when applications are completed by or before the deadline.