Submit the online application.
We are still accepting applications to all grade levels although the deadline has passed for consideration in the first round of decisions for the 2019-2020 school year. Please contact the Admission Office at 314-995-7367 for next steps.
To get started, visit the MICDS Admission Portal. From there, you’ll be able to complete the Standard Application Online (SAO), schedule appointments and track the progress of your application. For step-by-step instructions, here is our SAO ‘how to’ resource to walk you through the application site. Admission decisions will be mailed on March 15, 2019. Family enrollment decisions are due by Friday, April 5, 2019.
Please note: The fee for domestic student applications is $40 and the fee for international student applications is $150.
A complete application includes:
- Online application, including parent, student, supplemental (parent perspective) sections and application fee
- Official transcript and school records, including any standardized testing results, from applicant’s current school
- Teacher recommendation, using the form on the Standard Application Online (SAO) application site
- SSAT test results, which are sent to us electronically
- Family interview
Interview with a member of our Faculty/Admission team.
We look forward to having a conversation with each applicant and parent(s) to get to know you better and to help you understand more about MICDS. We must have your application (parent, student and supplement) submitted at least five days prior to the time of the interview.
Please schedule your interview here.
Complete admission testing.
Register for the SSAT directly at least three weeks in advance of the testing date you desire using the MICDS school code 4906. For consideration in the first round of Admission, we recommended taking thetest by Saturday, February 2, 2019.
Grade 5 Testing Dates:
- Grade 5 testing dates have passed.*
Grades 6-8 Testing Dates:
- Saturday, March 2, 2019
* If testing dates for the first round of admission have passed, please call the Admission Office at 314-995-7367 to discuss testing options.
Apply for Financial Aid
Applying for financial aid is optional.
If you choose to apply for financial aid, please see the following steps and deadlines:
MICDS requires each family applying for tuition aid to place a confidential online Grant and Aid Application directly to FACTS Management Company. It is extremely important to submit the tuition aid application on time, as there are budgetary limits to the available funds. Do not wait until a child is accepted to apply for aid. Please read our FAQ to find policies, payment methods and supporting resources.
Financial aid and application deadlines:
* If financial aid deadlines have passed, you may still apply for assistance. However, funding may be limited.
- December 3, 2018 was the filing deadline for all returning students, with 2017 taxes and W-2s.
- February 4, 2019 was the deadline for new applications for all other grade levels.
Decisions and notification:
Applying for financial aid does not affect the admission decision. The admission decision is a separate process from the financial aid determination and is led by a separate committee. The Financial Aid Committee’s deliberations are confidential and address only factors affecting the assessment of need. Prospective families can expect a financial aid letter at the same time as the their admission letter when applications are submitted by or before by the deadline.