Submit the online application.
For consideration in the first round of decisions for the 2021-22 school year, complete applications for 9th grade are due by December 11, 2020, and complete applications for 10th-12th grades are due by January 12, 2021.
For 9th grade, admission decisions will be shared on February 5, 2021, and family enrollment decisions are due February 26, 2021. For 10th-12th grades, admission decisions will be shared March 12, 2021, and family enrollment decisions are due by Friday, April 2, 2021.
Please note: The fee for domestic student applications is $40, and the fee for international student applications is $150.
A complete application includes:
- Online application including parent, student, supplemental sections and application fee
- Official transcript and school records, including any standardized testing results, from applicant’s current school
- Teacher recommendation from a current teacher, using the form on the Standard Application Online (SAO) application
- Results of the SSAT, taken using the “SSAT At Home” Format
- Family interview
- International applicants should include a graded writing sample from this academic year and a recent TOEFL score, which should be sent to MICDS from ETS. Our TOEFL school code is B730.
Return to Admission Portal
Interview with a member of our Faculty/Admission team.
We look forward to having a conversation with each applicant and parent(s) to get to know you better and to help you understand more about MICDS. We must have your application (parent, student, and supplement) submitted at least three days prior to your interview.
Interviews will begin in mid-November in a virtual format. You may schedule your interview using our online scheduler at the button below.
Complete admission testing.
For consideration in the first round of Admission, applicants to 9th grade should submit scores by January 10, 2021 and applicants to 10th-12th grades should submit scores by February 7, 2021.
*IF applicants have results from standardized testing given at the applicant’s current school, during the 2020-2021 school year, these may be submitted in lieu of SSAT scores.
Apply for Tuition Assistance
Applying for tuition assistance is optional.
If you choose to apply for need-based tuition assistance, please see the following steps and deadlines:
MICDS requires each family applying for tuition assistance to place a confidential online application through School and Students Services (SSS) by completing the Parent Financial Statement and submitting supporting 2019 tax documentation. It is extremely important to submit the tuition assistance application on time, as there are budgetary limits to the available funds. Do not wait until a child is accepted to apply for aid. Please visit Tuition and Affordability Web Page or read our Affording MICDS Brochure (forthcoming) for more information on how to apply.
First Round tuition assistance application deadlines:
- December 4, 2020 – The filing deadline for all current students.
- December 11, 2020 – The filing deadline for new 9th grade applicants.
- February 1, 2021 – The filing deadline for new applications for all other grade levels.
Adhering to the submission deadlines is essential for first round admission consideration. Applications for tuition assistance will be accepted beyond the deadline however, the availability of tuition assistance may be limited.
Decisions and notification:
Applying for tuition assistance does not affect the admission decision. The admission decision is a separate process from the tuition assistance determination and is led by a separate committee. The Committee on Tuition Assistance deliberations are confidential and address only factors affecting the assessment of financial need. Prospective families can expect a tuition assistance decision at the same time as their admission decision when applications are completed by or before the deadline.