Submit the online application.
The application deadline for the first round of admission for 9th grade was December 13, 2019 and for 10th-12th grades was January 14, 2020. MICDS is still accepting applications for admission at all grade levels at this time. Please continue to proceed with the steps outlined in the Admission Process.
For 9th grade, admission decisions will be mailed on February 7, 2020, and family enrollment decisions are due February 21, 2020. For 10th-12th grade, admission decisions will be mailed March 13, 2020, and family enrollment decisions are due by Friday, April 3, 2020.
Please note: The fee for domestic student applications is $40, and the fee for international student applications is $150.
A complete application includes:
- Online application including parent, student, supplemental (parent perspective) sections and application fee
- Official transcript and school records, including any standardized testing results, from applicant’s current school
- Teacher recommendation from a current teacher, using the form on the Standard Application Online (SAO) application site
- SSAT test results, which are sent to us electronically.
- Family interview
- International applicants should include a graded writing sample from this academic year and a recent TOEFL score, which should be sent to MICDS from ETS. Our TOEFL school code is B730.
Return to Admission Portal
Interview with a member of our Faculty/Admission team.
We look forward to having a conversation with each applicant and parent(s) to get to know you better and to help you understand more about MICDS. We must have your application (parent, student and supplement) submitted at least five days prior to the time of the interview.
To schedule your interview, please contact the admission office at 314-995-7367.
Complete admission testing.
Register with SSAT directly using the MICDS school code 4906. We recommend registering for the SSAT at least three weeks in advance to avoid late registration fees.
- Saturday, February 8, 2020
- Saturday, March 7, 2020
* If testing dates for the first round of admission have passed, please call the Admission Office at 314-995-7367 to discuss testing options.
Apply for Tuition Assistance
Applying for tuition assistance is optional.
If you choose to apply for tuition assistance, see the following steps and deadlines:
MICDS requires each family applying for tuition assistance to place a confidential online application through School and Students Services (SSS) by completing the Parent Financial Statement and submitting supporting tax documentation. It is extremely important to submit the tuition assistance application on time, as there are budgetary limits to the available funds. Do not wait until a child is accepted to apply for aid. Please visit Tuition and Affordability Web Page or read our Affording MICDS Brochure for more information on how to apply.
Tuition assistance application deadlines:
- December 2, 2019 – This was the filing deadline for all current students, with 2018 taxes and W-2s.
- December 16, 2019 – This was the filing deadline for 9th grade applicants.
- February 3, 2020 – This is the deadline for new applications for all other grade levels.
Note: If the application deadlines have passed, you may still apply for assistance but funds may no longer be available.
Decisions and notification:
Applying for tuition assistance does not affect the admission decision. The admission decision is a separate process from the tuition assistance determination and is led by a separate committee. The Committee on Tuition Assistance deliberations are confidential and address only factors affecting the assessment of need. Prospective families can expect a tuition assistance decision at the same time as their admission decision when applications are completed by or before the deadline.