Admissions Info, Distance Learning & Coronavirus Response
ADMISSIONS TOURS: With new procedures in place, we are open for tours: https://www.micds.org/tours. APPLICATIONS: We are still accepting applications for all grades for the 2020-2021 school year: https://www.micds.org/apply. DISTANCE LEARNING & CORONAVIRUS RESPONSE: Find out more about distance learning at MICDS and how we've responded to the coronavirus pandemic here: https://www.micds.org/ramstogether.
Submit the online application.
Thank you for your interest in the Upper School at MICDS. Although we have passed our first round of admission decisions for the 2020-21 academic year, MICDS continues to accept applications for the Upper School. Please reach out to Caroline Leonard at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 314-995- 7369 for information about our school program and admission process at this time.
Please note: The fee for domestic student applications is $40, and the fee for international student applications is $150.
A complete application includes:
- Online application including parent, student, supplemental (parent perspective) sections and application fee
- Official transcript and school records, including any standardized testing results, from applicant’s current school
- Teacher recommendation from a current teacher, using the form on the Standard Application Online (SAO) application site
- SSAT test results, which are sent to us electronically.
- Family interview
- International applicants should include a graded writing sample from this academic year and a recent TOEFL score, which should be sent to MICDS from ETS. Our TOEFL school code is B730.
Return to Admission Portal
Interview with a member of our Faculty/Admission team.
Please contact Caroline Leonard at email@example.com to discuss the steps for your child’s application at this time.
We look forward to having a conversation with each applicant and parent(s) to get to know you better and to help you understand more about MICDS. We must have your application (parent, student and supplement) submitted at least five days prior to the time of the interview.
To schedule your interview, please contact the Admission Office at 314-995-7367.
Apply for Tuition Assistance
Applying for tuition assistance is optional.
If you choose to apply for tuition assistance, see the following steps and deadlines:
MICDS requires each family applying for tuition assistance to place a confidential online application through School and Students Services (SSS) by completing the Parent Financial Statement and submitting supporting tax documentation. It is extremely important to submit the tuition assistance application on time, as there are budgetary limits to the available funds. Do not wait until a child is accepted to apply for aid. Please visit Tuition and Affordability Web Page or read our Affording MICDS Brochure for more information on how to apply.
Tuition assistance application deadlines:
- December 2, 2019 – This was the filing deadline for all current students, with 2018 taxes and W-2s.
- December 16, 2019 – This was the filing deadline for 9th grade applicants.
- February 3, 2020 – This was the deadline for new applications for all other grade levels.
Note: If the application deadlines have passed, you may still apply for assistance but funds may no longer be available.
Decisions and notification:
Applying for tuition assistance does not affect the admission decision. The admission decision is a separate process from the tuition assistance determination and is led by a separate committee. The Committee on Tuition Assistance deliberations are confidential and address only factors affecting the assessment of need. Prospective families can expect a tuition assistance decision at the same time as their admission decision when applications are completed by or before the deadline.