Class Agent Roster
Reopening FAQs & Admissions Info
REOPENING FAQs: We welcomed MICDS students back to school on August 18 with distance learning both on campus and from home. Please visit https://www.micds.org/reopening/ to find helpful Health & Safety, School Preparation, and Ram Relief Fund FAQs. ADMISSIONS: MICDS is no longer accepting new applications for the 2020-2021 school year. We are now accepting new applications to all grade levels for the 2021-2022 school year: https://www.micds.org/admission/.
Class Notes are published three times per year as a special section in MICDS Magazine. Class agents and alumni are welcome to submit news for all three issues according to the following deadlines below.
- Winter 2021 Issue: October 26, 2020
- Spring 2021 Issue: February 5, 2021
Submit Your News
To submit your news, you may do one of the following:
- Email your class agent.
Please see the Class Agent Roster below for contact information.
- Email your news to email@example.com. In the subject line of your email, please indicate your school and year (i.e. MI 1988).
- News Submission Guidelines
- Word count: News items about alumni should not exceed 80 words per person.
- Referencing alumni: On first reference, the name and class year should be in bold type with an apostrophe and the last two numbers of the graduating year for the first reference (i.e. Jane Doe ‘98). On second and subsequent references, bold type and year can be eliminated.
- Weddings and Births: Both will be announced only after they occur. Please include the date and location of the happy event.
- Illness: Please limit news of illness to a general reference of concern or support and avoid detailed descriptions. Because circumstances can change between news submission and publication, it is best to report, “Joan Smith relates she has been having challenging health issues and would welcome a call or email of support from classmates.”
- Travels: Our alumni travel often and widely, but please limit travel accounts to the basics of places visited. Keep the focus on the alumnus/a, not the places.
- Compiling Notes: Please provide a concise narrative that summarizes the points you believe are most important. Submit notes as you wish to see them appear in print.
- Last-Minute Additions: If we learn of the passing of one of your classmates or their loved ones after receiving your notes, this information and an expression of class condolence will be added by MICDS.
Editorial Disclaimer: All submissions are subject to editing for style, length and appropriateness by MICDS staff as well as proofreading by our editorial board of volunteer alumni. All changes are done with the goal of turning out the best possible product that properly portrays the news of our alums.
- Photo Submission Guidelines
- Digital photos are preferred in a JPG or PNG format, no smaller than 4 x 6 inches and with a minimum 300 dpi resolution. Note: if you are taking a photo with your smartphone, please make sure your camera is set to the highest possible image quality setting.
- Photos that are blurry or grainy cannot be used.
- Please do not size, reduce, or compress photos for emailing.
- Please do not send photos taken off of the web (e.g., Facebook, Instagram); they do not print well.
- We will be glad to accept photo prints for scanning, but please do not send originals because we cannot guarantee their safe return.
- Please identify all individuals shown in the photo and indicate if they are alumni.