Class Agent Roster
Class Notes are published three times per year as a special section in MICDS Magazine. Class agents and alumni are welcome to submit news for all three issues according to the following deadlines below.
- Winter 2020 Issue: October 14, 2019
- Spring 2020 Issue: February 7, 2020
- Fall 2020 Issue: May 28, 2020
- Winter 2021 Issue: October 12, 2020
Submit Your News
To submit your news, you may do one of the following:
- News Submission Guidelines
- Word count: News items about alumni should not exceed 80 words per person.
- Referencing alumni: On first reference, the name and class year should be in bold type with an apostrophe and the last two numbers of the graduating year for the first reference (i.e. Jane Doe ‘98). On second andsubsequent references, bold type and year can be eliminated.
- Weddings and Births: Both will be announced only after they occur. Please include the date and location of the happy event.
- Illness: Please limit news of illness to a general reference of concern or support and avoid detailed descriptions. Because circumstances can change between news submission and publication, it is best to report, “Joan Smith relates she has been having challenging health issues and would welcome a call or email of support from classmates.”
- Travels: Our alumni travel often and widely, but please limit travel accounts to the basics of places visited. Keep the focus on the alumnus/a, not the places.
- Compiling Notes: Please provide a concise narrative that summarizes the points you believe are most important. Submit notes as you wish to see them appear in print.
- Last-Minute Additions: If we learn of the passing of one of your classmates or their loved ones after receiving your notes, this information and an expression of class condolence will be added by MICDS.
Editorial Disclaimer: All submissions are subject to editing for style, length and appropriateness by MICDS staff as well as proofreading by our editorial board of volunteer alumni. All changes are done with the goal of turning out the best possible product that properly portrays the news of our alums.
- Photo Submission Guidelines
- Digital photos are preferred in a JPG or PNG format, no smaller than 4 x 6 inches and with a minimum 300 dpi resolution. Note: if you are taking a photo with your smartphone, please make sure your camera is set to the highest possible image quality setting.
- Photos that are blurry or grainy cannot be used.
- Please do not size, reduce, or compress photos for emailing.
- Please do not send photos taken off of the web (e.g., Facebook, Instagram); they do not print well.
- We will be glad to accept photo prints for scanning, but please do not send originals because we cannot guarantee their safe return.
- Please identify all individuals shown in the photo and indicate if they are alumni.