Rooted in a history of innovation.
Welcome to the MICDS Fund.
“The MICDS Fund not only provides crucial budget support for the School but is an important measure of the engagement and commitment of the School’s community members.” – Head of School Jay Rainey
The MICDS Fund is critical to the ongoing operations of the School and is a small but mighty part of our operating income. Tuition covers the basics, but the MICDS Fund allows MICDS to be exceptional; it affords the School the flexibility to greenlight needs and opportunities as they arise as well as respond to the most pressing financial concerns. MICDS relies on a few principal sources of income: tuition, endowment income, and donations to the MICDS Fund. These are the essential ingredients we have to operate the School at its highest level and provide the students and faculty with all the tools they need to excel.
The founders of our School were pioneers in education, and we proudly uphold their vision through new and innovative approaches in the classroom and beyond. Your support of the MICDS Fund is critical to the successful present and future of our School and our steadfast commitment to questioning, evaluating, and improving curriculum and programs. Please give today so that we can continue our constant pursuit of fostering thoughtful, passionate individuals who are equipped and empowered to change the world.
- What is the MICDS Fund?
As an independent school and non-profit organization, MICDS operates without financial support from the federal or state government. The School relies on tuition, endowment income, and annual charitable contributions to meet the demands of an engaging curriculum and exceptional educational experience that goes above and beyond academics. Each year, the MICDS Fund contributes approximately six percent of all operating revenues to the School. All gifts are 100% tax-deductible. Make a gift here.
- What does the MICDS Fund support?
Donors may choose to direct gifts to a particular area of the School’s operations which they find most meaningful.
- Area of Greatest Need – Maintaining and cultivating our campus and classrooms based on the most urgent need
- Academic Engagement – Cutting-edge curriculum, field trips, and interdisciplinary experiences
- Athletics – Everyday and team-based physical education equipment, mentorship, and transport
- Faculty Excellence – Innovative resources, classroom tools, and continuing education in addition to competitive salaries and benefits
- Fine & Performing Arts – Custom spaces and resources to instill a passion for music, dance, theater, and the visual arts
- Ram Relief Fund – Established to ensure the financial sustainability of MICDS by providing flexible financial support for unforeseen needs and expenses caused by the COVID-19 pandemic
- Student Access – Generous financial aid for tuition, and extracurricular programs for students of all backgrounds
- What is the MICDS Society?
Outstanding charitable support is an important tradition at MICDS. Generations of contributors have helped shape our School as a national leader in quality independent education. Leadership gifts of $2,500 or more to the MICDS Fund are recognized as part of the MICDS Society and make up over 70% of all dollars raised.
The MICDS Society Levels of Giving:
- Founder’s Circle $50,000
- MICDS Leadership Circle $25,000
- Legacy Circle $10,000
- Pillar Circle $5,000
- Honor Circle $2,500
Benefits of Being a Member of the MICDS Society:
- Donors of $2,500 or more will be honored at a reception in the fall.
- Donors of $25,000 or more will be honored at a celebration dinner in the winter.
- All MICDS Society donors will receive special recognition in our annual honor roll of donors.
- Can my gift be matched?
Matching gifts are an increasingly important way for companies to allow their employees to direct a portion of the monies earmarked for charitable contributions. In a given year, corporate matching gifts can account for as much as $100,000 of total MICDS Fund dollars. Gifts to MICDS can be doubled or even tripled through matching gift programs and all matching gifts count towards your total recognition level. Click here to learn more.
- How do I make a gift in honor of or in memory of someone?
Memorial and tribute gifts are a special way to honor family, friends, and loved ones. Memorial and Tribute gifts help to offset annual expenses within our general operating budget. For more information, please contact Sue Ann Stanton at (314) 995-7381 or email@example.com.
I welcome your questions about the MICDS Fund and look forward to connecting with you!