Congratulations to the following student-athletes who were recognized as C.H.A.M.P.S. Athletes of the Week for April 29:
Water Polo: Charles Cella ’13
Baseball: Michael Merwin ’14
Girls’ Soccer: Izzy Howerton ’13
Boys’ Lacrosse: John Coulter ’13
Boys’ Track: Amos Bartelsmeyer ’13 and Charlie Gillis ’16
Girls’ Track: Paige Glover ’16, Asia Hoskins ’16, Julia Olson ’13 and Teresa Shultz ’16
The C.H.A.M.P.S. athletes of the week are:
- Nominated by the head coach of their program.
- Embody the facets of the MICDS Athletic Covenant – Class, Honor, Attitude, Mental Toughness, Passion, and Selflessness
- Recognized for effort, attitude and contribution to the team.
- Exemplary in the areas of being a good teammate, accepting and playing out a role for the benefit of the team and working to make the team better.
- Athletes who help to make the total experience better for everyone in that particular program.
- Individuals who respect the sport and who realize that the process of achieving is as significant as the achievement itself.