The MICDS Athletic Department began recognizing C.H.A.M.P.S. Athletes of the Week for the winter season on December 10. Congratulations to the recent honorees:
Cheerleading – Talia Aranda
Girls Swimming – Trey Ross, Nicole Shearing and Lilly Thiemann
Wrestling – Elliot Tompras and Christian Hain
Dance – Lexi Bollis, Kaytlin Houghtaling and Samantha Noda
Girls Basketball – Josie Cusworth, Maya Howard and Cameron Jackson
Boys Basketball – Mason Medart, Charlie Frank and Michael Baker
Ice Hockey – Charlie Combs, Alex Martin and BJ Klar
Squash – Corbin Wright, Connor Gallagher, Drew Lilly and Alex Jasper, Arun Dundoo and Jackson Judd
The C.H.A.M.P.S. athletes of the week are:
- Nominated by the head coach of their program.
- Embody the facets of the MICDS Athletic Covenant – Class, Honor, Attitude, Mental Toughness, Passion, and Selflessness
- Recognized for effort, attitude and contribution to the team.
- Exemplary in the areas of being a good teammate, accepting and playing out a role for the benefit of the team and working to make the team better.
- Athletes who help to make the total experience better for everyone in that particular program.
- Individuals who respect the sport and who realize that the process of achieving is as significant as the achievement itself.