Congratulations to the student athletes who were honored as C.H.A.M.P.S. Athletes of the Week for January 28:
Girls’ Swimming: Alex Dunn ’14, Sylvia Forsyth ’15 and Megan Malloy ’15
Boys’ Basketball: Brian Trelstad ’14
Ice Hockey: James Horlacher ’14
Wrestling: John Broughton ’15
Cheerleading: Taylor Singer ’15
Dance: Bridget Pollard ’14
Girls’ Basketball: Taylor Baur ’16 and Josie Cusworth ’14
The C.H.A.M.P.S. athletes of the week are:
- Nominated by the head coach of their program.
- Embody the facets of the MICDS Athletic Covenant – Class, Honor, Attitude, Mental Toughness, Passion, and Selflessness
- Recognized for effort, attitude and contribution to the team.
- Exemplary in the areas of being a good teammate, accepting and playing out a role for the benefit of the team and working to make the team better.
- Athletes who help to make the total experience better for everyone in that particular program.
- Individuals who respect the sport and who realize that the process of achieving is as significant as the achievement itself.