Thanks to everyone’s generosity, MICDS collected $2,228.24 to send to Peru. This year, the funds will go to provide eye exams and eyeglasses for those in need in Chincha, Peru.
Over the years, your contributions have:
- gone towards the construction of the new PAMS (Peruvian Medical American Society) Chincha clinic. The clinic was completed in 2012 and upper school students were invited to participate in a medical mission that summer at the Clinic. Since then, additional groups of students have returned to the Clinic for three additional medical missions as part of the MICDS Peru Service Learning Program. We look forward to sending students to the PAMS Clinic again in June 2018.
- assisted in the creation of the dental unit at the PAMS Chincha Clinic and the purchase of the first dental x-ray machine in the region. Most of the money for this new dental unit and x-ray machine was from your donations!
- further outfitted the Chincha Clinic.
- contributed to the care and medication for a child with leukemia in 2012.
- bought bulk food and supplies for girls at the „Camino a la Solidaridad“ orphanage and a nursing home in Chincha.
- assisted with flooding relief efforts in 2017 after devastating flooding that killed hundreds and displaced hundreds of thousands.
Thank you so much for your support!