Student Standouts: Moore ’23, Tzeng ’28, Members of The Voice and The Phoenix, Football, Boys Swimming and Diving
Faculty Feature: Bouchard
Congratulations to this week’s standouts below. Way to go #RamNation! And as always, if you have a story to share, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Athlete of the Week Winston Moore
Winston Moore ’23 is the High School Athlete of the Week according to Scoops with Danny Mac. Moore has scored over 200 points for the Rams and nearly 1,000 yards rushing among many other football accolades. A versatile player, Moore shares how he’s led the 2022 football team, bonded with teammate Steven Hall ’23, and has been inspired by his two older brothers who played football at the collegiate level. Moore will hit the gridiron for Colgate University next year after graduating from MICDS.
Keep it up, Winston! Best wishes for State Quarterfinals on Saturday!
Seventh Grader Shines, Winning Six Piano Competitions
We are blown away by seventh grader Emmaus Tzeng ’28 who has won not one, two…but SIX competitions this fall for piano. A standing ovation (times six) goes to Tzeng for his incredible victories below!
- Winner of the William Schatzkamer Concerto Competition. Tzeng performed as a soloist with the University City Symphony on September 10, 2022, at Washington University.
- Gold Medalist in Division 1 of the SLAMTA Young Artist Competition. Tzeng performed a 20-minute program at the winners’ recital held at Lacefield Music on October 22, 2022.
- Winner of the Stars of Tomorrow Competition. Tzeng performed as a soloist with the Belleville Philharmonic on October 22, 2022.
- Winner of the Missouri Music Teacher Association Piano State Competition, in the category of SOLO for 7th grade on November 6, 2022.
- Winner of the Missouri Music Teacher Association Piano State Competition in the category of DUET for 7th-9th grade on November 6, 2022.
- Winner of the Marie Stillwell Concerto Competition; Deborah Fox Guild Award (12 & Under Category). Tzeng will be performing with the Alton Symphony on December 10, 2022.
Rams Attend the Journalism Education Association's National Conference
Rams Football: Class 5 District 2 Champions!
Our Rams are Class 5 District 2 Champions after beating Eureka, 34-14, last week. Check out the game recap on STL Today, highlighting Brian Gould ’25, Henry Oliver ’25, Winston Moore ’23, and Dorian Reddic ’23. At Districts, Cameron Lester ’23 caught his eighth interception of the season and is now tied for #1 in the state and #2 in the metro area. A wrapup of the game can also be read on Scoops with Danny Mac here.
Watch the full game highlights of the district championship below from Gateway Sports Venue.
This is the third straight district title in the three years with MICDS Head Football Coach Dr. Fred Bouchard. Watch Coach Bouchard’s postgame speech shared here!
Boys Swimming Makes Splash at State
The Rams had eight swimmers and one diver head to the Men’s Class 2 Swim & Dive State Championship last Thursday and Friday. Despite being Class 2’s smallest team, the Rams capped off the season with a 9th-place finish out of 36 teams at the state championships.
- The 200-Yard Medley Relay, and
- Jeffrey Ge ’24 swam in the 100-Yard Breaststroke
The following Rams competed in the Consolation Finals:
- Ian Boon ’25 in the 50-Yard Freestyle
- Owen Limbrick ’23 in the 100-Yard Backstroke
- I. Boon in the 100-Yard Breaststroke
- The 200-Yard Freestyle and 400-Yard Freestyle Relay Teams
- The 200 Medley Relay team of Limbrick, Ge, Sam Ellenhorn ’24, and Boon took 5th place in Class 2!
- I. Boon took 6th in the 50-Free Consolation Finals.
- The relay of I. Boon, Mason Bedell ’23, Limbrick, & Jacob Genin ’26 finished 11th overall in the 200-Free.
- Limbrick took 11th in the 100 Backstroke
- Ge hit the podium taking 2nd place in the 100 Breaststroke in the Class 2 State Championship
- The 400 Free Relay of Mason Boon ’23, Ellenhorn, Daniel Chen ’25, & I. Boon wrapped up the State Meet with a 9th-place finish.
Faculty Feature: Dr. Bouchard Leads District
Head Football Coach Dr. Fred Bouchard might be the only head coach (or one of the very few) in Missouri history to win district championships in Classes 2-5.
- Palmyra (Class 2)
- Harrisonville (Class 3)
- Staley (Class 4-5)
- MICDS (Class 4-5)
- Palmyra 1994 – 1995 – 1996 – 1997
- Boliver 2001
- Harrisonville 2002 – 2003 – 2004 – 2005 – 2006 – 2007
- Staley 2008 – 2009 – 2010 – 2011 – 2012 – 2015
- MICDS 2020 – 2021 – 2022
Our Rams are lucky to have you, Coach! Good luck at Quarterfinals on Saturday!