Student Standouts: Cyclocross, Football, and Girls Cross Country
Congratulations to this week’s standouts below. Way to go #RamNation! And as always, if you have a story to share, please email email@example.com.
Cyclocross Sweeps the Podium Two Weeks in a Row
Back at it, the Rams Cyclocross team swept the podium again on September 27 at Gordon Moore Park in Illinois. Ash Falk ’26 took 3rd, Connor Paine ’24 finished 2nd, and Sawyer Merlin ’25 was the champion of the day. The team is back in action at Bella Fontaine Park on October 9. Way to go, Rams!
Football Team Defeats Rival at Homecoming
If you were a part of the Homecoming festivities last weekend, you might know that the athletic contests culminated with a football victory over Burroughs, 44-3. Check out the game recap on STL Today. The summary highlights the versatility of Winston Moore ’23 who scored three touchdowns, and the two touchdowns and 182 yards rushed by Steven Hall ’23. This is the seventh consecutive victory over Burroughs that MICDS has won. Hall and Moore have run the ball over 40 times this season.
Also, STL Today gives a game preview of this Saturday’s match against Lutheran North. Check out the game preview here!
Way to go, Rams!
Girls Cross Country Represents at Homecoming Fun Run & Gans Creek Classic
Girls Cross Country represented Ram Nation well at the Homecoming Fun Run last Saturday. Captains Happy Phatak ’23, Jane Cohen ’23, and Anagyle Senn ’23 led the team. « The Fun Run was such a wonderful display of community and the team came together with such a joyful display of sportsmanship and ram pride! » said Phatak. « Our team showed so much love and support to each other and all the other people who took part and it was a perfect example of the love motivation our team is so well known for! » Cohen said, « The Fun Run was a big success! The girls were excited to start off the Homecoming day running together. Many sported tutus during the 2.5-mile run. The highlight was our team starting off the whole race! »
Some of the Girls Cross Country team participated in The Gans Creek Classic. Here are the highlights:
- Julia Ray ’23 got second place in the most competitive division, the gold division with a time of 18:18.60.
- Abby Wycoff ’24 PRed in the 5000 Meter Run with a time of 22:07.10 (12.90 seconds faster than her previous PR).
- Kate Williamson ’24 PRed in the 5000 Meter Run with a time of 22:09.90 (8.9 seconds faster than her previous PR).
- Annabelle Medler ’24 PRed in the 5000 Meter Run with a time of 22:39.80 (27.6 seconds faster than her previous PR).
- Addison Small ’25 PRed in the 5000 Meter Run with a time of 22:49.30 (52.4 seconds faster than her previous PR).
- Bridget Clennan ’24 PRed in the 5000 Meter Run with a time of 22:50.30 (1 minute and 7.7 seconds faster than her previous PR).
- Addilyn Farmer ’26 ‘PRed PRed in the 5000 Meter Run with a time of 23:57.50 (25.6 seconds faster than her previous PR).