The MICDS Upper School’s Red Cross Committee is partnering with Mercy Blood Drive to host a blood drive on campus on Monday, March 12. The drive will take place in the Upper School’s McDonnell Gymnasium from 2:00 to 6:00 p.m.
Students (16 years old and up with a parent’s permission), faculty, staff, alumni, and parents of current students are eligible to donate blood. Donors must weigh at least 110 pounds and be in good health. All students who wish to participate need to obtain a parent’s signature on TWO forms, one for MICDS’ records, and one for Mercy’s records. Snacks and a t-shirt will be provided for all donors.
Childcare will be available upon request. Please contact Upper School Nurse Dena Bashiti for more information.
Sign up online NOW.
MICDS Blood Drive Permission Form
Mercy’s Blood Drive Student Permission Form
Just a few facts about blood donation: (provided by Mercy)
- Nine out of 10 of us will use donated blood at some point in our lives
- Fewer than 5% of healthy Americans eligible to donate blood, actually donate
- On average, 34.000 units of red blood cells are needed on a daily basis in our country
- The average blood transfusion is 3 pints
- Whole blood can be donated once every 56 days (eight weeks)
Have you or someone you know ever needed a blood transfusion?
Donating blood, while it may deplete your energy temporarily, gives you an overwhelming good feeling of helping others.