STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The purpose of the MICDS Athletic Hall of Fame is to recognize those individuals who have made exemplary and positive contributions to interscholastic athletics and who bring distinction to MICDS.
HALL OF FAME COMMITTEE
Membership of the committee will consist of: The Director of Athletics (or a representative), The Director of Alumni Relations (or a representative), The President of the Alumni Association, One female member of the coaching staff/faculty, One male member of the coaching staff/faculty and Alumni. From this committee, a Chairperson will be chosen.
MICDS encourages the nominations
of former athletes, teams, coaches and individuals who have made significant contributions to MICDS Athletics.
- An athlete, coach, team, administrator or contributor can be nominated and should have graduated from, or concluded their service to, MICDS for a minimum of 10 years before being eligible.
- Must have exemplary accomplishments in one, or more, high school sports and made an outstanding contribution to her/his sport(s).
- Must have conducted themselves as a student and alumna/alumnus in such a way as to reflect honor on the School.
- Posthumous nominations will be welcomed.
- The nominee, or a family member, must be able to be located.
- The ten year period between graduation, or service, and nomination can be waived by the selection committee for nominees who might be affected by a debilitating or terminal illness, or special circumstances.
- The online nomination form must be completed, in full, and submitted for each nominated individual or team.
- Committee members may seek additional information from the person making the nomination.
- The number of inductees each year is limited to five individuals and two teams, unless it is deemed appropriate by the committee, to induct more than five individuals, or two teams.
- Nominations remain active for a period of five years and will be re-considered each year.
- An individual, or team, is eligible to be re-nominated following the five-year period.
- All materials supporting each nomination must be submitted by a specified date of each year to be considered for induction that year.
- Inductees will be notified of their selection and the induction will be held during Homecoming festivities in the fall.