This fall, the MICDS Athletic Department began a new program – recognizing Athletes of the Week in each sport. Students are honored each week during an Upper School assembly.
The C.H.A.M.P.S. athletes of the week are:
- Nominated by the head coach of their program.
- Embody the facets of the MICDS Athletic Covenant – Class, Honor, Attitude, Mental Toughness, Passion, and Selflessness
- Recognized for effort, attitude and contribution to the team.
- Exemplary in the areas of being a good teammate, accepting and playing out a role for the benefit of the team and working to make the team better.
- Athletes who help to make the total experience better for everyone in that particular program.
- Individuals who respect the sport and who realize that the process of achieving is as significant as the achievement itself.
Congratulations to this week’s honored athletes:
Jordan Block ’14 and Emily Lee ’15 – Girls’ Tennis
Caitlyn Peters ’15 – Volleyball
Nicole Shearing ’16 – Girls’ Golf
Tommy Stupp ’14 – Boys’ Swimming
Noble Tobias ’15 – Football