As announced in the October 12, 2012 edition of the MICDS Weekly News, the MICDS Athletic Department began a new tradition this fall – honoring C.H.A.M.P.S. Athletes of the Week for every sport in a particular season. Athletes of the Week are:
- Nominated by the head coach of their program.
- Embody the facets of the MICDS Athletic Covenant – Class, Honor, Attitude, Mental Toughness, Passion, and SelflessnessRecognized for effort, attitude and contribution to the team.
- Exemplary in the areas of being a good teammate, accepting and playing out a role for the benefit of the team and working to make the team better.
- Athletes who help to make the total experience better for everyone in that particular program.
- Individuals who respect the sport and who realize that the process of achieving is as significant as the achievement itself.
Athletes of the Week for October 15, 2012
Girls Tennis – Angeline Veronikis
Girls Golf – Darby Hobbs
Cheerleading – Amanda Ramage
Football – Joe Goley
Volleyball – Katie Abbott
Girls Cross Country – Klasey Medelberg
Boys Cross Country – Sam Archie
Boys Swimming – Bryan King, Eric Lee
Field Hockey – Bridget Condie
Congratulations to the Athletes of the Week who were honored earlier in the school year:
Girls Tennis – Gussie Frederici, Lucie Baldwin
Football – Alim Muhammed, Denzell Conway, Devin Chabot
Volleyball – Allie Meier, Mariana Edmond, Amelia Meier, Hanna Alexander
Boys Soccer – Vincent Stanec, Jimmy DesPain, Billy Van Cleve, Tilman Bartelsmeyer, Constantine Veronikis, Mason Medart, Max Rowe, Robert Sankey
Boys Swimming – Sean Gallagher, Eric Lee, Charles Cella, Arman Badihi
Girls Cross Country – Grace Hart, Alex Donovan, Emma Posega Rappleye, Jennifer Donovan
Field Hockey – Claire Rush, Olivia Polk, Teresa Thompson
Cheerleading – Trey Ross, Amina Zuna, Emily Hurley
Boys Cross Country – Mac Rouse, Sam Shearing, Matt Myer, Tommy Ristevski
Girls Golf – Madison Wrobley