Ten MICDS vocal and instrumental students participated in the MSHSAA Virtual District Solo/Ensemble Festival held during the month of March. Students recorded one or two pieces which were shared with an adjudicator who provided written comments and critique on areas such as intonation, tone quality, articulation, dynamics, and interpretation/style.
Each performer was assigned an overall rating of Gold-Exemplary, Silver-Outstanding, or Bronze-Satisfactory.
Congratulations to the following vocalists and musicians!
Gold (Exemplary) Ratings:
- Penny Chen ’23, Piano Solo
- Eric Ji ’21, Clarinet Solo
- Kareena Kanumury ’23, Piano Solo
- Helen Li ’23, Clarinet Solo
- Jerry Zhang ’21, Piano Solo
- Nina Hamilton ’22, Eric Ji ’21, Patrick O’Brien ’20, Woodwind Trio
- Chloe Cheng ’23, Clarinet Solo
- Nina Hamilton ’22, Flute Solo
- Alan Li ’23, Trumpet Solo
- Aanya Tiwari ’23, Vocal Solo
The MICDS vocal music students are under the direction of Upper School Performing Arts Teacher Dana Self. Band students are under the direction of Middle & Upper School Performing Arts Teacher Becky Long and Middle & Upper School Instrumental Music Instructor Joshua Baumgartner.