Download the 2020 Changemakers Student Application
The Changemakers: Global Leadership Institute 2020 Launch year fosters human-centered global competencies by enabling youth to take a leadership role in the planning, development, organization and running of the Changemakers Institute for 2021. In the course of the 2020 institute, youth will work alongside adults to make an intentional commitment to our diverse local and global communities through a critical examination of personal and collective well being, the development leadership and collaborative skills, engagement with civic leaders, and a deeper connection with local issues and challenges through the lens of the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. In this summer’s launch, youth will work towards systemic transformation through the planning, organization, mobilization and leadership in the 2021 Changemakers: Global Leadership Institute.
Each day will focus on a different overarching theme including:
- Personal well-being and perspectives
- Leadership and collaboration
- Community engagement
- Sustainable development
- Systemic transformation
In addition, subsequent work and student commitment will consist of meetings once a month for an hour (via Zoom or in-person).
- Dates/Time: July 13-17, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (synchronous online via Zoom) + 1 hour asynchronous (on your own time) work daily
- Grades: Rising 9th-12th grade students
- MICDS Faculty Facilitators: Erica Moore and Rene Iannotti
- Cost: $280 (Two scholarship available)
- Applying and Registration
If accepted, please register online for the Institute. Please note that enrollment in the Institute is not complete until all fees have been paid.
- Scholarship Application
There are two scholarships* available for the 2020 Changemakers Institute. Please apply here.
* Please note that scholarships are only available to non-MICDS students.
- Refund Policy
- Refunds are available through May 2020 (refund fees in May will be waived).
- Beginning June 1, there are no refunds.