Congratulations to the following student-athletes who were named C.H.A.M.P.S. Athletes of the Week for May 6, 2013.
Baseball – Harrison Burns ’16
Cycling – Brewster Knapp ’15
Girls’ Soccer – Bridget Condie ’16
Boys’ Track – Chandler Angle ’14, Tilman Bartelsmeyer ’15, Chris Dorr ’14, Ian Farthing ’16
Girls’ Track – Pam Ekpelu ’13, Caroline Goldberg ’15, Libby Hunt ’16, Margaret Sliney ’16
Water Polo – Ellis Brown ’13
The C.H.A.M.P.S. athletes of the week are:
- Nominated by the head coach of their program.
- Embody the facets of the MICDS Athletic Covenant – Class, Honor, Attitude, Mental Toughness, Passion, and Selflessness
- Recognized for effort, attitude and contribution to the team.
- Exemplary in the areas of being a good teammate, accepting and playing out a role for the benefit of the team and working to make the team better.
- Athletes who help to make the total experience better for everyone in that particular program.
- Individuals who respect the sport and who realize that the process of achieving is as significant as the achievement itself.