“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around” ~ Leo Buscaglia.
Fourth graders spread care and thoughtfulness throughout campus on Tuesday for the 6th Annual Day of Caring. As they prepared to say goodbye to Lower School and hello to Middle School, this was their way of giving back to the school. Prior to the big day, faculty and staff submitted all sorts of requests for various tasks that they thought would be the perfect jobs for the fourth graders.
On Day of Caring, here’s what the students helped with:
- Distributing kindness messages
- Cleaning fish tanks
- Reading and playing with SK students
- Granting the wish of a 1st grader
- Making ice packs for the nurse
- Organizing the art studio
- Writing thank you notes to leadership donors
- Pulling weeds
- Playing literacy games with JK students
- Cleaning the Steward Aquatic Center
From the entire MICDS campus, we thank all of fourth grade for their acts of care, compassion and kindness on this day and on every day at our school!